Novigrad is a tourist centre of the riviera expanding from Dajla in the north to the estuary of the river Mirna in the south. The coast is well--indented, with rocky and pebble beaches.
The beginnings of tourist trade in Novigrad go as far back as the end of the 19th century, and in 1896 the hotels Al Lido and Al Porto were already open. Parallelly the public beach was constructed. Between the two world wars tourists were offered accommodation in the boarding-houses Citta di Trieste and Trovatore. A sudden expansion of tourism in Novigrad began in the 60s, when companies from Slovenia started to build numerous holiday centres on the Karpinjan peninsula, and then the company Plava Laguna from Porec made large-scale investments. Today Novigrad can provide accommodation for up to 10,000 visitors a day. Tourists can choose to stay in a hotel, pension, campsite, apartments or rooms. Sports and recreational facilities add to an eventful stay - the usual ground and water sports, terraces with live music, rich gastronomic offer, organized excursions, sightseeing.